Participate in our free Water-Wise Evaluations and receive a site visit from a water-efficiency specialist tailored to meet each property’s individual water-efficiency needs. We will walk with you through your home and garden and provide information about your water use, point out potential water-savings measures, and help identify leaks that can cause increased water and energy bills. Assessments can be performed at any San Francisco residential or non-residential property.
For more information or to schedule your appointment for a Water-Wise Evaluation, contact the Water Conservation Section at (415) 551-4730. Please do not schedule a Water-Wise Evaluation if you have applied for our Plumbing Fixture Replacement Program.
During your Water-Wise Evaluation, a water-efficiency representative will:
- Review the property’s billing history and discuss water reduction goals
- Identify inefficiencies and test toilets for leaks
- Provide free devices and materials, including water-efficient showerheads, faucet aerators, and standard toilet repair parts
- Determine the efficiency of water-using fixtures and appliances and provide information about incentives available for making improvements
- Provide tips for efficient outdoor water use
For scheduled inspections: please provide 48 hours' notice if you need to cancel or reschedule a Water-Wise Evaluation by calling (415) 551-4730 or emailing email@example.com and providing your name, property address, phone number, and if you are canceling or rescheduling.
We encourage homeowners associations, and multi-family property managers to utilize SFPUC services to collectively evaluate a property’s water use on a unit-by-unit level. We can work with owners and managers to launch property-wide water conservation efforts by providing educational materials that promote awareness, provide tenants with new water-efficient plumbing devices and select toilet repair parts to effectively achieve water reduction goals.
Water Rebates and Incentives